Getting Safe Pain Relief
Pain relievers — even the ones sold over the counter — are capable of doing harm as well as rescuing us from pain. Here are a few pointers to help you navigate the pain reliever aisle ›
Be careful with your painkillers if you suffer from one of these 10 conditions.
Opioids can dull chronic pain, but long-term use can lead to abuse.
How much do you know about the over-the-counter pills you pop on a regular basis?
It's important not to take too much acetaminophen. But where is it hiding?
Just because it's over-the-counter doesn't mean it's not dangerous.
Chronic pain can make everyday life a challenge, but there are ways to manage it.
Arm yourself with information before winter ills strike.
Use becomes abuse when it disrupts your life. Know the warning signs.
Spotlight on Pain in the News
- People in Poorer Neighborhoods Have More Pain
- Dosing Unclear on Kids' Medicines
- Medication Overuse in Chronic Headache Sufferers
- Painkiller Dependence May Slow Surgery Recovery
- Opioids Overused for Chronic Stomach Pain?
- Many Don't Know What's in Over-the-Counter Painkillers
- Take Care with Cold Medications
Schedule a Health Checkup on Healthgrades
Did You Know?View Source
Prescription painkillers, also known as opioids, are responsible for almost 3 in 4 prescription drug overdoses.